Sometimes, one of the best ways to add to the usable space of your house is to make use of the basement area. This space is generally underutilized in most homes but can be transformed into an exercise room, entertainment room, home office, playroom, guest room etc. However, it is important to understand that this project can represent a significant investment.
This makes it necessary for you to plan your basement remodel in detail. If you are considering this project, one of the first things you would need to do is to get your basement finished, regardless of what you are planning to convert it into. This is where the expertise of our professionals comes into the picture.
We at Finished Basements Plus are a leading company in this industry and offer high-grade basement finishing solutions to clients in and around Galena, OH. We have over 25 years of experience in this space and can assure you of customized services at very reasonable basement finishing cost.
Why Basement Finishing Is Important
Many homeowners do not realize that there is a difference between basement remodeling and basement finishing. Most tend to use these terms interchangeably. However, there is a big difference between these two concepts.
When a basement is finished, a bare and stark area is transformed into a well-finished basement. The entire construction and layout of the area will be planned,and the room will be designed. All the finishing options will also be very carefully reviewed.
Basement Finishing Process
There are several processes that are part and parcel of a residential basement finishing project such as:
- It is crucial to get a building permit even though the basement is not visible from the main street. When you are expanding your living space, you are required to get a permit, and we can help you with this.
- It is a good idea to get the space insulated. This is especially true if you are planning to use the basement as a decoration room or a playroom. The right kind of insulation tiles on the ceiling, and proper wall insulation will help prevent noise from carrying through the basement ceiling.
- You are also required to ensure that there are at least 7 feet of ceiling space (which can differ as per local codes). It also means that during a home basement finishing job, ducts or pipes may have to be relocated away from the center of the available space.
- Making sure that the entire area is waterproofed perfectly is necessary.
- A basement refinishing project never includes plywood subflooring, drywall or wood studs as these can get impacted by the moisture. We always recommend the use of waterproof basement refinishing systems. If necessary, we may also install special heavy gauge plastic sheeting before starting on the wall and floor finishing work. This helps contain humidity levels in the basement area.
For any additional information about our kitchen remodeling services, feel free to contact Finished Basements Plus at 614-306-498. We are here to answer all your queries. You can also connect with us via this Contact Us form and we will call you back to discuss your project details.Click on the images below to view a larger display.